|The number one health retreat and climate friendly Destination on Koh Chang
The SPA Koh Chang Resort was established in 2006 in a lush and green area of 8 Rais (1.3 ha) located at the serene lower Salak Kok Bay (The most abundant mangrove forest on Koh Chang). We are highly concerned about our natural environment and feel responsible to contribute to its conservation. Therefore Cooperate Social Responsibility (CSR) is an integrative part within the operation of the SPA Koh Chang Resort.
The Spa Koh Chang Resort’s commitment to environmentally-friendly practices and the social responsibility to reduce impacts on the environment and Salak kok community include:
• The reuse of old timber for the construction and decoration of the resort to preserve nowadays forest.
• We plant and grow thousands of tropical plants for CO2 absorption.
• Our treated wastewater is reused for garden irrigation and there is no drainage to any natural water bodies, no water pollution involved the community and environment.
• We separate solid wastes for reuse and recycle purposes, using different plastic containers. Aluminum cans and glass bottles are sold to a recycling store on the mainland of Trat province to help reducing local government garbage’s job.
• Organic wastes such as kitchen waste and garden waste (leaves, branches, etc.) are used for the production of bio-fertilizer for our garden.
• Waste parts from sour fruits (such as pineapples and kiffer lime) are mixed with water and sugar and undergo a 3-month fermentation process. This results in enzyme water that will be used to produce an all-purpose biological enzyme detergent, used for all kind of cleansing in the resort.
• Our organic vegetable plantation provides healthy food, which is served and can be enjoyed in our restaurant.
• More than 30 % of our staff are from Salak kok and Salak phet communities, we are glade to be a part of both communities and employ their members for increase their better life quality.
• We always join the community activities like monthly Salak kok community seminar, donate some money, some labors or some needed material for rebuilt or repair the public construction.
Community-based Tourism and ecotourism activities can be organized to serve our guests’ requirements. Possible activities include:
• Boat trips with traditional wooden boats in the Salak Kok bay, organized by the Salak Kok community
• Trekking at Salakphet Mountain (Khao Lam),and also bird watching activity in Salakphet mountain area organized by youth trekking guides from the Salak Phet community.
• Elephant trekking at Klong son Kohchang.
• Agro tourism excursions to fruits or rubber plantations close to the resort.
• Cultural tours to local communities (fishing villages) and temple festivals.
One of our policies to help reduce our impact on climate change is to provide our guests with a high comfort while ensuring low energy consumption in rooms and facilities.
• Electrical fans are provided in all rooms, which can be used instead of air-conditioner when not necessarily needed.
• Bathroom utensils (shampoo & shower gel) are provided in refillable ceramic bottles.
• Our resort implemented a towel and bed linen reuse program. Towels and bed linen are changed on guests' request which saves water, energy and reduces the use of detergents.
• Bicycles and kayaks are offered to our guests for free for exercising and exploring the attractive area nearby the resort, instead of using motorized means of transport.
We kindly ask our valued guests to share our concern for the environment and help sustaining Koh Chang’s unique natural attributes and tranquil character. It takes not more than simple measures.
• Please turn off any electrical devices and water tabs when not in use.
• Turn lights and equipment off and remove your room key tag when leaving the room.
• Consider using the fan instead of the air-conditioning.
• Close doors and windows when using air-conditioning.
• Please only have your towels and bed-linen changed when necessary
• Feel free to join and inform yourself about our reforestation program, which involves the local Salak Kok Community.
Our commitment makes the SPA Koh Chang Resort the number one health retreat and climate-friendly destination on Koh Chang.
For more information, questions or any doubts please contact our staff at the reception. Thank you!
The SPA Koh Chang team
The spa Organic Plantation
Separated solid used
Recycle bin for used Battery
Enzyme water for bio-detergent
Thousand of Tropical plants in resort
Salak kok community based tourism
wooden boat trip in serene Salak kok bay